Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Year.


I hope everybody has a great (and safe) New Years eve and fun New Years Day tomorrow.

I was playing tourist yesterday and I went down to Plaze de Mayo (pictures up sometime soon) and as I was standing by the Casa Rosada (Pink House, which is like their White House) I saw people throwing paper out of their window out onto the street. I went to go take a picture and I realized that this was not a solitary event. I don't know it its a purging tradition/new years celebration or if everybody just got the same memo but pretty much all of the downtown area that I saw looked like this or worse.


It's interesting to see how differently things get celebrated down here. I think it being warm prompts some different celebrations than if it were freezing cold like in the states. Of course you also don't see thousands of people packing into a city block to watch a ball drop here. That's rediculous.

No comments: