Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Lawsuits waiting to happen (pt 1).

I definitely walk around down here with very North American standards of safety. There are times where I am just in awe of the total lack of concern over safety of the general public here, especially in construction areas. I hope this doesn't sound patronizing because that's really not my intent. In fact usually I just find it humorous as I step over the sidewalk vent with a piece of plywood laid over it 6 inches narrower than the hole itself. But these are things you would never see in the US so I thought it was worth mentioning. And what makes these, and the examples that will follow, notable is the fact that for the most part this city is very modern and urban that it's easy to forget you are in a third world country until you see these.






Please note the elderly lady making her way around this gravel pit in the middle of a sidewalk. This is extremely common to see here.

Part 2 coming later.

No comments: