Sunday, November 16, 2008

The trip down.

So I realize I'm a little late since I've been down here for a week and half, but better late than never, right?

So my trip started out with my mom coming with me to the airport. She had been staying with me for my last few days in Seattle and was flying back to the Tri-Cities at the same time I was leaving. It was nice having her there to see me off. It's a little bit easier to leave your entire life behind when you have your mom to hug you right before you get on the plane like like you're heading off to your first day of kindergarten. :)


From SeaTac I had a pretty quick flight down to LA.


LAX

Then the crazy 14 hour flight to São Paulo. It could have been way worse but Korean Air knows how to treat you. They had this great personal entertainment system where you could watch movies on demand or listen to radio or whatever else you wanted. I didn't get a picture of it because I would have felt pretty fobby taking a picture of of my coach seat.

They also hooked us all up with toothbrushes and toothpaste, eye masks, extra socks so your feet wouldn't get cold, and two meals which weren't half bad. It was also nice having 8 feet between my seat and the partition for Business Class (exit row) and nobody in the seat behind me so I could recline all the way and not feel guilty. I know I sound geeked about this, but I'm used to being crammed into a middle seat with two fat people and given a dixie cup full of Coke so being treating with the slightest amount of courtesy was very remarkable.

Airport in São Paulo


From São Paulo to Buenos Aires was actually pretty quick and easy. I had a pretty quick layover and then I was back on a plane. I ended up sitting next to an Argentine guy named Julian and we talked for most of the flight. The flight attendants keep trying to talk to me in Spanish and so he helped clear some things up for me with regards to paper work for customs etc. After we landed and got through customs we found out we were both taking the same bus up into the city (the airport is outside the city like SeaTac). So he showed me where to to get tickets and helped me find a place to change my money over. He was a very nice guy and my first 30 minutes in Buenos Aires could have been a lot more stressful than they were if it wasn't for him.

Once we got into the city he caught a shuttle and I had to go catch a cab to a different part of the city where I'm staying (called Palermo). I think the taxi driver took the longest way possible to get there, but I guess that's to be expected when you get into a cab with a bunch of crap and a thick accent.

This is a beautiful city in a couple different ways and I noticed in just in the ride out to Palermo. I'll go back and catch up on everything else that has happened in the last week and half as I can.

Thanks for reading...

1 comment:

DISCOFUNBATH said...

Hey man! Thanks for the comment, I agree that inspiration posts are a good idea also, I'm gonna start doing them more for sure! And that link you put up is awesome, I'm really into it! Have fun in BA, the colors look amazing!