Saturday, November 29, 2008

Things I'm still not used to. (part 1)

So this being my first time outside of the US not involving Canada, there are a lot of things that still catch me off guard about Buenos Aires, even after three weeks now. Here is my first installment:

Things I'm Still Not Used To
  1. Everything coming in plastic bags (Detergent, mayonnaise, milk, etc.)
  2. Sidewalks covered in dog crap
  3. Kissing guys I don't know on the cheek
  4. Every male under the age of 40 having a mullet
  5. Everything in this city dripping (I think I'm going to do a whole post on this)
  6. The voices of cartoon characters when they're dubbed in Spanish
  7. Not being able to tell whether a girl is 14 or 40 (plastic surgery is popular with everybody here)
  8. That coins are virtually non-existent but required to ride the bus, which results in everybody trying to scam everybody else out of coins
  9. Being able to get a large pizza and 1.5L soda for $7.50
  10. Bidets in every bathroom
I'll probably have more next week.

No comments: